Interview – May 18, 2019
Rick Archer at Buddha at the Gas Pump interviewed Kylea Taylor about a range of topics related to ethics, paradigm shifts and extraordinary states. Some topics covered in this 2-hour interview …
- Ethics in spiritual communities and The Association for Spiritual Integrity
- Special needs of clients or students in profound states (such as grief or loss or spontaneous spiritual experiences) or induced nonordinary states of consciousness (such as breathwork, meditation, or the therapeutic use of psychedelic medicines)
- The role of self-reflection and compassion in ethical behavior and the value of peer supervision
- Distinguishing between a predator who is not interested in self-reflection or in changing his or her behavior and a person who is just unaware of the harm he or she is doing in behaving unethically
- Accountability, punishment, and/or a path of redemption for abusers
- The role of power imbalance on the ethical behavior of a “responsible party”
- Everyday ethics in ordinary relationships
- Kylea’s personal kundalini opening experience
- Jung’s Fourth Function and its role in spiritual emergence(y) or personal paradigm shift
- The #MeToo movement and the evolutionary shift in mainstream culture’s view of unethical behavior and its expectations of honesty, self-reflection, and ethical care from its professionals.
Note: If you are interested in psychedelic therapy you might also want to check out Rick’s interview # 502 on BatGap.com on May 11, 2019. Rick interviewed Michael Pollan, author of How to Change Your Mind and Chris Bache who wrote Dark Night, Early Dawn.
Online Ethics Course for SoulCollage® Facilitators
A 3-part Online Audio Course for SoulCollage® Facilitators, “Right Relationship: The Ethics of Caring”, with Kylea Taylor, M.A., LMFT and Selene Vega, LMFT, Ph.D is available for purchase. Download and learn at your own pace.
This course qualifies California MFTs and MSWs to receive the required 6 Law and Ethics CEs. CEs are also accepted by the ATCB (Art Therapy Credentials Board) for ATR-BCs. SoulCollage Inc. is the CE course (CAMFT provider #133654).
This was a great course….by far the most relevant and thoughtful Ethics course I have ever taken. I am required to take one every two years for licensure, and they are usually a dreary experience of “how to stay out of trouble.” I appreciated Kylea and Selene bringing soul and heart to the subject. I wish everyone knew about this course, and I am telling my colleagues about it. ~Suzanne Moore-Ullrich, MA, LMHC – WA, USA
SoulCollage® Facilitators: Learn more and purchase this course at the SoulCollage® site.
Course includes slide handouts of slide presentations used in the live class, audio recordings of three 2-hour sessions (includes talks by the Presenters and sharing by the participants), The Ethics of Caring model chart, homework and self-exploration exercises, and a 35-minute guided meditation through memories and sensations that may be related to client relationship history.
This course really helped with my understanding of Ethics and how this impacts just about every aspect of facilitation. Presenters were very experienced and skilled in their subject matter. The vignettes were very engaging. ~Audrey Chowdhury, WI, USA
Kylea Taylor, M.S., LMFT, is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (California MFC #34901), Ethics Consultant, and author of the expanded, updated book The Ethics of Caring, winner of the 2017 Nautilus Book Award in the “Relationships & Communication” category. A special focus of her practice is helping clients revitalize everyday life by integrating the meaning and extra-ordinary gifts of spiritual emergence, transpersonal experiences and “personal paradigm shift” phenomena. More >>>
Selene Kumin Vega, LMFT, Ph.D. is a licensed psychotherapist (California MFC #32604), workshop leader, dancer, and faculty in Saybrook University’s College of Integrative Medicine and Health Sciences. She has served as President of Santa Cruz CAMFT (California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists) and co-authored The Sevenfold Journey: Reclaiming Mind, Body, and Spirit through the Chakras, which has been translated into six languages. More >>>
I really enjoyed that they talked about more “Taboo” topics like sexual attraction with a client, exchange of fee for service, and the chakra chart is awesome. ~Piper Warwick, WA, USA
I very much appreciate the model and the effort that has gone into its clarity. It is a refreshing approach to ethics. Thank you! ~Carole McNamee, VA, USA